- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 ½ cups cooked jasmine or long grain white rice
- 6 green bell peppers (cut in half)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups of mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Clean and slice peppers in half. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Top with shredded cheese
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender.
Optional: Traditionally this recipe calls for ground beef but I use ground turkey or chicken. You can also top the peppers with extra tomato sauce while they are baking for a saucy dish. I also prefer Jasmine over long grained rice for the texture, flavor and fragrance. You can use colorful peppers such as yellow, red and orange. Poblano peppers always work well with this dish. It never hurts to experiment for a different taste.
Thank you for reading my food blog and allowing me to share my recipes with you. What is meant to be will always find a way.