One of the hardest things about low-carb/keto and gluten-free is reminding yourself to eat. Over time your appetite eventually fades and you stop worrying about food until it’s actually time to eat and then you panic, at least in my case. This lifestyle involves a lot of prepping and cooking. I like to make finger foods such as these peppers so that I can eat them through out the day. I can no longer eat a full size meal without feeling overly full so I eat small meals several times a day. These are perfect, packed with protein, fat and almost no carbs. I made 24 out of 12 full size jalapenos. There are several variants of this recipe so don’t ever be afraid to experiment. Some prefer to blanch the peppers before stuffing them. You will notice I added my onions without cooking them first. I am big on crunch, if you are not cook the onions with your meat or eliminate them. Over the last 46 days I have eaten 20 or less carbs a day. How many carbs do you generally take in a day?
- 1lb of ground turkey or beef (I used turkey)
- salt & pepper or your favorite seasoning – I used Badia Fajita seasoning
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of red onions (optional, I just wanted extra crunch)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 12 large jalapenos
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375, line a cookie sheet.
2. Wash, halve and seed jalapenos, a melon scooper works well. Set aside.
4. Mix in cream cheese, onions and chopped cilantro to meat. Mix well.
5. Scoop mixture into halved peppers and line on cookie sheet.
6.Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
If you have any extra halves just add cheese!
Thank you for reading my food blog and allowing me to share my recipes with you. Know what you bring to the table and don’t ever be afraid to eat alone.