Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If I had to sum up my love of food in one bite it would be a roasted Brussels sprout coated in a balsamic vinegar reduction. I LOVE BRUSSELS SPROUTS. I don’t shout that with enthusiasm. Those caps imply a seriousness that can not be translated through this text. To take away the creepiness from this post, I will go forth with the recipe. Just be warned that roasted Brussels sprouts are the elixir of amazing.
- 1 lb of Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Remove outer layer and wilted leaves. Rinse well or soak in water and 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Half the sprouts.
2. Coat in olive oil and top with salt and pepper. Be sure the make sure each sprout is equally coated.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I usually add balsamic vinegar. I love white blush and dark and sometimes I combine the two. Here is the difference in color. White blush is definitely much more sweet than dark. The flavors are quite complementary.
This should be your end result. PERFECTION!
Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal with you. If you are alive there is a purpose for your life.