Jalapeno and Corn Dip
Quick and easy way to make a delicious dip. It’s easy to add ingredients to make tasty variations on this dip. I included a squeeze of lime to give it a bit of a bite. I also added way more jalapenos because I keep it spicy. You can add cayenne, mayo, Monterrey cheese, etc. This recipe is versatile and it will always be a big hit.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 (15.25-ounces) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced or 2 tablespoons of picked jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Mexican Cheese blend
- salt, black pepper, cumin, season to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
2. Place corn, jalapenos, sour cream, Pepper Jack cheese and Mexican cheese blend into a 4 qt pot; season with salt, pepper and cumin, to taste. Add cilantro, stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese.
3. Stir until all ingredients have combined.
4. Coat a small casserole pan with olive oil, add mixture and top with additional cheese. Bake for 15 minutes on 400 degrees until cheese is brown and bubble. Top with chopped bacon and chives, serve warm with tortilla chips
Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal with you. FAITH it till you make it.