The past two weeks have been extremely busy. I had to pleasure of cooking the birthday meal for my wonderful friend and neighbor Mrs. Alyssa. She had a wine and paint party and I made several of her favorite dishes. She also made a fruit pizza, the one and only thing at the party that I did not make I liked the best! It was so delicious that I had to make it for Elise’s birthday which just so happens to be today. I baked the cookie yesterday and this morning the girls and I decorated the pizza and ate it for breakfast. It was indeed a Happy Birthday for my 6 year old today!
- sugar cookie dough (refrigerated, dry mix or homemade)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, grapes, kiwi, peaches, pineapples, mandarin oranges)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a round pizza pan. I used disposable because when you are cutting you don’t have to worry about ruining the pan. Bake cookie for 10 minutes. I baked until it was just done and still chewy.
2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over cooled cookie. On the heart cookie I used whipped cream cheese to have a slight variation.
3. Top with fruit and enjoy! There are variations to this recipe. You can add drizzled chocolate or apricot preserves. Personally it’s perfect just how it is.
Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal and recipes with you. It’s not other people’s job to love you; it’s yours.