This stuff is addictive. I am not a chips and dip person but this is the one dip that I can eat everyday. It’s also a great way to get protein and vegetables in your life. I serve this with tortilla chips but when I am plating for myself I usually add a few scoops on top of a salad and eat my heart out.
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of black eye peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 stalk of diced celery
- 1/2 large cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 small red, orange and yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon of tajin (photo below)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
1. Combine all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl add spices, and whisk with mayonnaise for a creamy dressing OR olive oil and vinegar for a vinaigrette.
3. Combine the dressing with the vegetables and allow to sit for at least an hour, preferably overnight to let the flavors marinade. Serve with tortilla chips.
Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal and recipes with you. You change for two reasons. Either you learn enough that you want to, or you’ve been hurt enough that you have to.