Braided Pizza aka Homemade Hotpockets
I am pleased to report that my children absolutely loved this meal. My homemade hot pocket was a success! It’s always a good day when my children rejoice in meals that I cook. The great thing about this recipe is that it allowed us to bake together. Once the dough is rolled out the girls could add their own toppings.
- Start with Basic Pizza Dough
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 5 ounces of sun-dried tomato pesto
- 5 ounces of basil pesto
- 1 cup of mozzarella fine shredded
- 1 lb of Italian sausage, cooked
- 2 cups of pepperoni
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Roll out the pizza dough. Cut 10 even slits on each side of braid. Add toppings in middle. Starting from the top cross each strip over filling alternating left to right. Brush with olive oil, bake for 20 minutes.
The ingredients listed above are what we added to ours. I used chicken sausage and mini turkey pepperoni. Those flavors can be altered and would produce great results. You can use left over dough in the morning and fill with eggs, sausage and diced peppers for a breakfast version. For a dessert adding fresh fruit, cream cheese would be divine. Pizza dough is quite versatile and can be used to for almost anything.
Thank you for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal with you. Do good because it feels good.