There’s nothing like a good baked pasta. I don’t know if it’s all of the layers of cheese or sauce but the combination with ravioli makes a great comfort food. This bake is simple, I used packaged ravioli with a pasta sauce but I added extra ingredients to make it full of taste.
- 1 bag or container of ravioli (frozen or refrigerated section)
- 1 (24 oz) jar of tomato sauce (I used vodka sauce)
- 1 lbs of ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- Italian seasoning (rosemary, basil, thyme, sage)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
1. Brown meat in a tablespoon of olive oil with Italian seasoning. When fully cooked add onion and bell pepper to mixture. Combine tomato sauce and allow to cook on low for 10-15 minutes.
2. While the sauce is cooking. Coat a casserole pan in olive oil.
3. Scoop 1 cup of sauce in pan and smooth evenly. Layer ravioli, sprinkle with cheese, add 1 cup of sauce on top of ravioli. Repeat steps until your pan is full. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
So easy, right? I make this on a day that I don’t feel like putting much effort into my cooking. My kids LOVE this. Oh, and don’t pre-cook the ravioli. It will cook in the sauce while it’s baking.
Thank you so much for reading my blog and allowing me to share my food journal with you. Love and respect yourself enough to walk away from ANYTHING that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you HAPPY.